Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Shadow

Photobucket
I painted this prairie dog and owl sketch for my illustration class. These guys are a little different looking from the running characters a few posts ago, but I kinda like the fat version of the rodent; I'm still working on a unique look for the owl, this one is still kinda generic. I wanted the snake's shadow (the shadow is supposed to belong to a rattlesnake, btw) to look as if it was correctly being cast across the ground, grass and animals but didn't want it to be lost as it transitioned and not look like a snake.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Another great one Nate! I love it!

Libby said...

Btw, why all of the prairie dogs? Are you trying to tell us something?

Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac said...

I got it. Give the owl a neck brace. He wears it because he has seen too many cartoons where the owls neck gets all twisted up.
Or not.